Stephen Harrison, MD
Founder & Chairman of the Board
San Antonio, TX
Dr. Harrison is a Visiting Professor of Hepatology at the Radcliffe Department of Medicine, University of Oxford.
Specialty: Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist Specializing in Liver Disease
Education: University of Mississippi School of Medicine, 1995
Residency: Internal Medicine at Brook Army Medical Center, 1998
- Gastroenterology at Brook Army Medical Center, 2002
- 4th Year Advanced Liver Disease Fellowship at Saint Louis University, 2003
Practicing Since: 1995
Certifications/Publications: Board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Published more than 300 papers in liver disease.
Provider Quote: My goal and purpose as a Hepatologist is to ensure we have impactful treatments for patients suffering from liver disease to include Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis.
Provider Background: Dr. Harrison most recently served as a Colonel in the United States Army, retiring in 2016, he concluded 20 years of dedicated service to his country. During his Army tenure, he served as:
- Director of Army Graduate Medical Education at Brooke Army Medical Center
- Associate Dean for the San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium, Gastroenterology Consortium.
- Gastroenterology Consultant to the Army Surgeon General.
With over 20 years in the industry, Dr. Harrison has formed a multitude of global and local relationships with like-minded physicians and experts to raise awareness of liver disease and find a treatment for the patients that need it most.